How to make a secure wordpress website ?
To make a secure wordpress website Please go through these points, remember it is not mandatory that you follow all points. The more points you cover make your website more secure.
1. Change the login page URL :- As all we know, wordpress always has a same admin login url
/wp-admin/ this thing makes it more vulnerable to brute force attacks. I recommend you a plugin that will help you, here is the link :- https://wordpress.org/plugins/wps-hide-login/ just install the plugin and change the login url whatevere you want
2. Always Keep your wordpress version up to date :- By keeping your wordpress version to the latest improves your security. By default, WordPress automatically installs minor updates. For major releases, you need to manually initiate the update.
3. Use Strong Alphanumeric Passwords :- By using strong passwords containing alpha-numeric and special characters also improves the wordpress security. Not just for admin area you can use strong password for your FTP accounts and hosting also.
4. Good Hosting Provider :- The WordPress website hosting plays the most important role in website security.A Good Shared hosting Provider like Bluehost, Siteground,
Godaddy and Inmotion Hosting take extra measures to protect there servers from common threats.
5. Purchase SSL certificate:- SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a type of protocol which enable encryption in data transfer between your website and users browser. This encrypted information is secured and its very hard for someone to get the information.
6. Change the default “admin” username:- Most people use username “Admin”, if you are using this username please change it. Because, usernames make up half of login credentials, this made it easier for hackers to do brute-force attacks.
6. Disable file editing:- Most people use username “Admin”, if you are using this username please change it. Because, usernames make up half of login credentials, this made it easier for hackers to do brute-force attacks.